Back to the ceremony. Seven other babies were dedicated and each family got to write a blessing and read it for their child. I was so proud of Erik! He did an amazing job reading it in front of the entire church. Here is our blessing for Abbey.
Sweet Abbey,
We can't thank God enough for the incredible blessing he has given us in you. Today, as we dedicate you in front of God and the church, your mother and I promise to raise you to know and love Jesus. Our prayer is that you grow to be kind and compassionate and that God's love will shine through you. Matthew 5:16 says: In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. We pray you discover and embrace the gifts God has given specifically to you.
We love you,
Mommy & Daddy
| This is how we found her in the nursery when church was over |
What a sweet day in the life of our sweet girl.
Kristen
I teared up reading what Erik wrote and read in front of the church! So sweet!
ReplyDelete