Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 4th fun!

Water balloons, beer can chicken, kayaking, tubing, poppers, sparklers and FUN! That about sums up our long 4th of July weekend.
We headed out Wednesday afternoon for the River ;) I will not bring up the fact that we had to stop 6 times (at least) so Abbey could use the froggie potty! Yes, I am crazy, but we are potty training Abbey! That is a whole post in itself ;) Anyways, Court's family was there too, the kids were in heaven! Noah & Kate went to Canyon Lake one morning. Kate only liked finding sea shells- nothing else about it :( Noah on the other hand played his little heart out! I am thinking he took a 4 hour nap that afternoon! Oh those Coston kids can sleep!!!! All 4 kids braved the cold/refreshing Guadalupe river. I think this was my Dads favorite part. He loved seeing all his little Grandkids (ages 1,2,3 & 4) playing in and loving the river. Poor mom was battling a sinus infection the whole time, but somehow found the energy to give us a date night! My parents also took "the Bigs" to a cool little dinosaur museum. Apparently, Kate was asking the volunteer a million and one questions- hmmm where does she get that ;)
We always have a nice time at the river, but there is something special about spending the 4th of July on the Guadalupe! Thanks for having us mom & dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment