 |
| Coloring at meet the teacher |
Our big girl Kate went to her 1st day of Pre-School last Wednesday. She was ready!! I have been going over and over the "routine" of school with her. I have been telling her she is going to play, eat a snack, color, paint, eat lunch, read books and learn about Jesus. She also heard a million times, "Mommy will be there after nap time to get you!" She was excited about bringing her new lime (and I mean LIME) green back pack and lunch box.
 |
| Practicing eating her lunch from lunch box |
Most of you know, that me and my little doll are pretty much connected at the hip. So, I was nervous as to how the drop off was going to go. Well, Kate did great! She walked right in and started for the toys. Just as I left her room the tears started from ME. I would like to blame it on being 9 months pregnant, but I have not cried this entire pregnancy! I think I was just sad to leave her. Luckily, my mom was with me and we ran some errands and had a yummy lunch.
 |
| This is the best 1st day pic I got!--All smiles |
When I got there to pick her up, she was helping "clean ups" as Kate puts it. The teacher said she did amazing and didn't even cry! They said she did not nap. When I asked her about this she said, "Baby girls nap!" Uh Oh. We could struggle in the napping department! Mrs. A also said she loved story time and singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider. Overall, a completely successful day for Kate.
Here is the picture she colored. I was admiring it and she said, "Little boy color yellow." She said the same thing to Erik hours later. Usually, Kate goes for the color blue So, we are thinking she told us exactly what happened. A little boy colored yellow on her paper.---too funny :)
Hope day 2 is as fun for her and there are no more tears from this momma!
Kristen
I'm so impressed with all of you making it through the first day - that's a big thing! Don't worry, you'll have plenty of firsts to cry about. Love that little girl to pieces! Love, Susu
ReplyDeleteSO fun! Y'all are both going to LOVE it!! Especially when that other sweet baby arrives!! :) Hope you are feeling good!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome that she is going to pre-school. She is growing up so fast! Proud of you, Momma!
ReplyDelete