Friday, September 16, 2011

1 week


It has been one week since Abbey joined our family.  So far, she is such a sweet sweet baby!  Lots and lots of sleeping, eating and diaper changes.  Speaking of sweet, Kate has been really good with her.  She randomly runs over to Abbey and says, "That's my baby sister!" Erik has been really hands on as well.  He is great with his girls.  I still can't believe we have 2 precious little ones!! My parents have been such a big help!  From loving on Kate, to enjoying their newest grand daughter they have made this week much easier on us.  Courtney even brought Noah (Nonie as Kate still calls him) over one morning for an extra special play date with Kate.  Tripp got to come over tonight along with the rest of Erik's family.  I loved watching Susie hold Abbey.  Babies are such a blessing.  Thank you Traci and Carl for bringing dinner.  We all enjoyed it!!

Here are a few pictures of our new little love.  (And yes she has lots and lots of very dark hair!)


Kate talking to her little sissy.  She will tell her about animals and ask why she is crying.  Kate also tells her goodnight every night.  I love it!  As you can see, Abbey is starting to love her paci.


Abbey did not like her 1st bath at home.  She cried and cried.  But soon she was happy when she was snuggled up with Daddy!  Here is what I told Kate about Abbey's 1st bath.
Me-- Kate I have something really funny to tell you!
(Kate looking intently at me)
Me--Abbey went poopie on daddy after her bath.  (Me waiting on Kate to crack up like I did)
Kate--That is terrible.
Oh, my Kate-Kate where is your sense of humor!!

Gotta love the big sissy too!!
Thanks for checking in,
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet girls! Thanks for the update. I can't wait to hold her. :-)

    ReplyDelete