Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Merry Christmas to me in MAY!

The playroom is finally finished. If you remember way back in December, I posted about our brilliant idea to make the never-used study into a playroom for Kate. Erik's deadline was Feb. 1st. Well, the months flew by and now it's MAY. But, who doesn't love a Christmas present in MAY?! So, with much excitement I am finally ready to share the promised pictures of our new room.
Please keep in mind that is 10:33pm and these pics were just taken while our little tornado is fast asleep. If you drop by on a regular day at a regular time I guarantee it will never ever look like this. (Those of you who have kiddos know what I am talking about!)

These book cases were in my old classroom. Erik painted them this bright shade of turquoise that I love against the latte painted wall. We might add a few more of the shelves. Right now, Kate likes to sit next to "Bear-Bear" on the bottom shelf.

I ordered this amazing decal from Etsy. I got to customize the colors to match the room. I think it is just what this big wall needed. Kate loves to make owl sounds and point to them.

We bought this super girly Fairy Tea Party picture a few hours after we found out we were having another girl. I will always remember that special night, and how I could go a little more girly with this room. The book case is actually a rain gutter. I saw this on line and knew it was what we needed. I think we are going to add another one right above this one. Kate is into books, so this was a perfect addition.
Well there it is! Come on over and play. I'm sure Kate will share her toys. :)
Kristen

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it Kristen!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! The little owls are adorable! I can't wait for Parker to come play this summer. We miss the Schindewolfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Can't wait to see it on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate and Abbey's playroom is super cute! I love the rain gutter idea :) Your girls are going to have a blast playing in there! That's a great Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete