My sweet dad treated us to dinner on Friday night at Steele City Pizza. It was my first time to eat there and it was delicious! My dad decided to order a Bud Light Lime. Our waitress told him that it was her favorite. He then proceeded to ask her, "This is not a chick beer, is it?" I guess you had to be there, it was pretty hilarious and embarrassing :)
Saturday was spent working on little projects for Kate's room. We also helped out in the children's ministry at church. We have done this a handful of times, but being a first grade teacher we thought we could handle it. Well, it just so happened that there were sooooooo many kids. We had 24 (the max number) in our room. Yes, it was only me and Erik. We tried to control the chaos, however we were in over our heads. I pray they got the gist of the intended message. As we were leaving, extremely exhausted, Erik said, " Well, I guess it is too late now and patted my belly." I had to remind him that they do not come out as a wild 6 year old :) Our dear friends Rich and Kara meet us at Chuy's after church. Erik had a big margarita (which he definitely earned) and I rewarded myself with the "Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom." If you have never experienced "The Boom" you are missing out. I am not just saying this because I am preggers. Trust me, if you want the best item on the menu you will try it! We had a great time catching up with Rich and Kara.
Finally, to Sunday. One of my students gave me 4 tickets to the Astros game as a gift at the end of the year. They were his families season tickets and they were on row 1 in right field. Court and Kev came with us. We had our gloves (dorky I know) and were ready to see a good game. The Diamond Backs were up 6-0 in the first couple of innings. And to make matters worse, 1 home run was just out of our reach. Even though the Astros lost, we still had fun.
Thanks for reading,
Kristen
No comments:
Post a Comment