Saturday, January 9, 2010

Can you believe....

Baby Kate is 2 months old today, January 12th---we can't! Where does the time go?

We went to the Dr. today for her 2 month check up. She now weighs 12 pounds and 2 ounces and measures 23 1/2 inches long. Our baby is getting BIG!! She had to get two shots and her screams about raised the roof--the poor baby. Thank goodness Mimi was able to go with us. I do not think I could have handled the shots alone.

Kate loves loves loves her paci and bouncy chair! She is eating about 4 ounces and is doing great with the bottle.

We are still waking up throughout the night. Usually it is around 3:30ish. Trust me, there is no good TV on at 3:30am only paid programming. Thank goodness for DVRed episodes of "How I Met Your Mother"!

We have been to the Dr. quite a bit this month. Three times to be exact. (I'm sure you are thinking I have a case of new mom syndrome--but the little girl has been sick!) Poor little Kate cannot shake this pesky cold that has been bothering her. It probably doesn't help that her Daddy had strep throat this week.

Here are some things that Kate loves to look at...
-her Daddy (so precious)
-the fan
-the blinds
-the Christmas tree (Can't you leave it up all year?)
-the snow globe that plays "Jesus Loves Me"
-out the window on car trips
-Praise Baby Dvd's
-her reflection in the mirror during bath time


Bundled up in the stroller- we are ready for some warmer weather!

Here are some things we love about Kate...
-her chubby little cheeks
-her sweet smile (we have seen it a couple of times)
-hearing her make all her little noises
-that she loves watching football college & pro (that was Erik's contribution)
-she does not mind wearing bows :)
-when she cuddles up on your shoulder

Look at those cheeks!

Watching the Aggies with her Daddy---so focused on the game!

I might be losing my hair!

See I do smile!

We have noticed so many changes in her this past month. She is very alert now. I swear she recognizes my voice. (She probably hears it enough.)

We are so in love with our baby girl. We thank God for blessing us with such a miracle.

Enjoy the pictures!

Kristen

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to kiss those precious cheeks on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is two months old! She is precious!! You will have to fill me in on the Praise Baby DVDs b/c I have heard of them before but don't know what they are. We should have a play date soon!

    ReplyDelete